OCD about Folder Names... what's your naming convention?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by X2D, Feb 6, 2011.

1. X2D macrumors newbie

Do you write down what section you download apps from from the App Store? Do you have an optimal naming convention for all of your apps? Be specific, what folders do you use and what are some example apps you put in said folders.

I'm very curious as to what everyone else does especially someone that is possibly as OCD as I am about everything needing to be in it's place. When I drag two apps together that I feel like should be together sometimes the name iOS chooses for me isn't what I thought it was going to be.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

No, I can't use the App Store category for my apps thanks to Apple's stupid limitation of only allowing so many apps per folder.

Due to this deliberate limitation I have to categorise them myself to what I think is logical.

3. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Home Page: Only Apple apps sorted Alphabetically
    2nd Page: App store apps sorted alphabetically with 2 folders. 1 of which is games I play most, the other is games I play less often. Called "Best Games" and "Games"

4. jamied95 macrumors 6502

All of mine are in folders, except the 1st page, which is left the way Apple intended - never moved them, so see no reason to as I know where they are. On the other pages, are folders, and if a folder gets full, I make a new one and add a +. For example: Life & Life+. Never got to three folders so I don't know what I'd do then - but I generally separate games (etc) into Racing, Jumping, Addictive, so that nothing ever gets full :)