OCD causing me to Push the Glass too Hard...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, Oct 30, 2011.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I have OCD and well, one of my "ticks" is that I press the bezel/screen of all iOS devices hard when not using it. When I touch something, I often have to touch it again to reproduce the same feeling on my finger in that exact way until my brain tells me I can stop. You can imagine this is very frustrating. Anyway, I use the device normally, but I also get the urge to press slightly harder around the screen several times during use as well as on the screen sometimes. It's near impossible to control, I've been doing it since my first iPhone, what I am wondering is will this damage the phone/screen/glass at all? I don't press sooo hard, just a little more pressure than when I am just using the phone normally.

I'm probably gonna get hate for this thread, but it's something I'm wondering and if my condition will affect my iDevices.

Thanks

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I don't think pressing the screen slightly harder than normal will affect your iDevices.

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating condition. I've known people with it and I know how bad it can be.

To answer your question, I don't think you've got anything to worry about. You said you had another iPhone...did you have any problems with the glass on that one? If not, then I don't think you'll have any problems on this one. As long as you're not bearing down on it, you should be fine.

Oh, and if you catch any flack from anyone for posting this thread...then those people should go straight to h***. It would be absolutely uncalled for and you don't deserve it.

4. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Thank you for the reply. That's good to hear I certainly don't wanna hurt my devices! To answer your question, I have had problems with the front glass of my 3GS and iPad 1 pushing in causing a clicking noise, however if I'm correct, I believe that they have changed the way that they apply the screens to the devices now. They are now fully glued as opposed to being "clipped" to the screen. If you notice on the 3GS, the screen has a rubber line going around it, and you can somewhat push the screen inwards, but the 4, 4S, and iPad 2 have a plastic border around the front (and back) glass and don't seem to push in. I've never had problems with the screen becoming unresponsive though.

Thanks for your help!

----------

Good to hear, thank you!

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Since the screen isn't actually pressure sensitive (it uses skin capacitance to detect touch), there is no problem.