OCD + touch=death

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sgtboy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Hello,

Although i have never been "diagnosed" with OCD (or even tested...) im about 99% sure i have it.

Anyways.....basically i am paranoid to use my touch because of the fingerprints that get left behind. I spent literally 5-10 min after i do use it just cleaning it to make sure NO prints are left, i have a case and a screen protector but i can't seem to get over it. I'm not a neat freak but this drives me nuts...anyone else experience something like this or have any tips? :D

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I'm pretty sure fingerprints on something you have to touch to work is inevitable, but maybe you could try getting diagnosed and going on medication or something...

3. atluten macrumors 6502

I actually was sort of like that after I got my iPhone, but over time I just let it be when I realized that it isn't worth it to keep on trying to clean it. Generally, the brightness of the screen greatly minimizes seeing fingerprints. Good luck!

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Maybe try an anti-glare screen protector? I think they're supposed to help with fingerprints, they sell them at the apple store.

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    easy

just lick the screen after you've touched it....

what....

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

lol :D

to OP: I always disliked when my iPods had fingerprints on their back (and fronts) and I didnt even want to touch my Touch (lol) because I knew it would become covered with fingerprints in 5 seconds, but now I got over it, because my iPod Sock wipes the Touch by itself when I slide it in or out or when its in my pocket :D

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Have you tried those stick things? Like the ones that come with a DS? I’m not sure if it’ll work but it’ll be worth a try.

Or you could be a total weirdo and wear a little finger sock.

On the other hand, I’m the same way, I make people wash their hands before touching my touch.

8. intempo808 macrumors regular

Stylus' can't be used on iPod Touch or iPhone because the multi-touch screen works on the principle of an electrical field, and your body completes the circuit which makes the iPod Touch do as it is touched. This is why it works with more than one finger...

Anyway, stylus' wont complete the circuit so it wont work, neither will "finger socks" lol...

9. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I hope you don't have OCD. Here is something you can try though.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can't cure or even manage OCD with meds. It's a actually a self-discipline problem.

If I were you I'd fight the urge to wipe the screen every time you use it. Throw it in your pocket and you'll soon forget about it. Do that for a week and I guarantee you'll be less picky.

11. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Use an anti-glare screen protector, you will not only keep your screen nice and pristine (should make you happy ;) ), but the screen doesn't really smudge when you touch it.

12. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Hmmm.. Perhaps a lightning rod?

13. markel253 macrumors regular

I beg your pardon? Please don't talk about that with which you are unfamiliar. (I have lived with a wife who has OCD for over 30 years now)

OCD is a chemical imbalance in the brain which responds to certain drugs (known as SSRIs) along with behavioral therapy. You can't cure it - true - but you can manage it with meds.

Having said that - I do not have OCD myself and cannot stand fingerprints on the glass itself ... which is why I have a shield over it. I don't mind the fingerprints on that :D .

14. sgtboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Geez, i started this thread like 3 months ago and its back..! :p

15. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

dude! im totally buying that! maybe it can work for my laptop touch pad too, ive always wanted i writing tool for my laptop.