OCD vs Potential Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Orton99, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Orton99 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, recently bought a late 2013 rMBP 13", my first mac, can't believe I didn't switch sooner! Still getting used to the keyboard etc, for the most part I'm extremely happy. Now I do seem to suffer slightly from OCD and can't help but really examine a product when I get it. When the lids closed, it looks like there may be a 1mm overlay, but you have to really focus to notice, this doesn't bother me.

The biggest problem I have is where the black bezel meets the aluminium back in the bottom corners. In the bottom right corner the screen is pushed back so that you could run your finger over it and feel the aluminium edge. However on the left side the black rubber isn't pushed in the same way and if you run your finger over it, you feel the rubber rather than the aluminium.

Hopefully I've correctly uploaded images to show. Is this something to worry about or am I just being silly and try to ignore it.

All honest replies welcome, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First, your photos seem useless if not taken from the side. If you think there is less of a gap on one side versus the other then you have to show the side, no? But in reality, you are being incredibly silly, since you asked if you were.

Enjoy your MacBook and if you truly think you have OCD, as opposed to the countless people here who decide they have it because they look for issues with their Apple products, then seek help. There are ways to manage that.

3. Orton99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry if I didn't describe the issue well enough. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can see the inside of the metal/silver edge, whereas on the left side this is not visible and the black rubber is more raised. Almost as if it isn't attached in the same way, don't want to be running into any issues down the line.

Hope this is just a non issue though, was just looking for some reassurance. Wish I could just ignore it! Thanks for your honesty though.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think I understand what you're saying, but it seems super illogical that there could be problems. Did you buy it refurbished from Apple? If so, I would just walk it into a store and ask if that could be an issue at all. I truly would have never seen this issue myself, but I tend to be pretty passive about stuff unless it is obvious. In this case, it seems less than obvious.

5. Orton99 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was bought brand new from a UK retailer. Well it better be brand new anyway! Although it slightly annoys me I'm sure in time I'll get used to it. I don't have any stores in my local area that I could take it into.

Was just wondering if anyone else had a screen like this. Everything works perfectly now, but if it was a loose bond then maybe I'd face issues down the line.