Ocean Waves Composer with Relaxation Sleep Music

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by charlesvald, Mar 21, 2014.

1. charlesvald macrumors newbie

I spent over 6 months creating this app.

What makes it so different is how the music synchronises with the lapping of the ocean waves to make a very special relaxing experience.

Any questions please ask.

I enclose a little video link of the ocean waves composer

All the best

Charles

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Wow, this is REALLY nice! I think you could add some padding to the options and play with the layout a bit to make it a bit nicer, but it's a great app.

3. charlesvald thread starter macrumors newbie

Padding

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously the main focus is the audio and getting the waves just right (all the recordings were made by myself)

I tried to make the interface as simple as possible were you trying it out on the iPhone or iPad?

All the best and have a great day

Charles

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Of course. And wow, that's pretty cool that you did the recordings yourself. I'm even more impressed! I'm using it on the iPhone. It's just a little hard on the eyes.

5. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Yeah, the UI makes my eyes bleed, but the app itself is nice. :p

6. charlesvald, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014

charlesvald thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for your comments and I'm glad you're finding the app relaxing.

The ocean waves were pretty much all recorded on the same beach, this was to help make them mix better. I then needed to edit them to sound amazing on the iPhone and iPad speakers. I kept them in stereo (although most people would simply just use the speaker on their iPhone/iPad) which makes the size of the app larger but I think it was worthwhile.

A lot of music in the app (which is my work again) came for previous released relaxing music albums. I then had to rewrite and expand on them to work in harmony with the lapping of the ocean waves. You'll hear how the main sections of the music are after the loudest part of the wave to give that amazing sound.

There are lots of relaxing nature sounds apps about and some of them do sound great but many of my competitors purchase the nature sounds from royalty free libaries which means when mixed they don't always work as well.

Apart from adding more music, I presume on the sound side, you're all very happy which leaves me to work on the interface a bit.

I presume there was no problems with iPad but the font on the iPhone is too hard to read.

It means I should either change to a hevitica style font, or increase the font size by showing less waves at once on the screen.

Anyone have any thoughts in this area?

All the best and thanks again

Charles