OCPD and MacBook Pro Screens.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mizzoucat, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mizzoucat macrumors regular

If you have OCPD like myself, do not, I repeat do not, ever shine a flashlight on your MacBook Pro screen when attempting to clean it! In normal lighting my 13" glossy screen appeared pristine fresh from the box. However, upon shining a flashlight on my screen, I discovered lots of streak marks, hardened dust particles, adhesive residue, and even suction cup marks not visible under normal lighting. Needless to say, my OCPD kicked in and I spent the next 2 hours trying to get the screen "perfect". I would wipe and then there would be tiny microfiber particles or faint streak marks left behind so I'd wipe again. It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't clean the screen until I felt satisfied about it. No combination of products is going to make your screen "perfect". You may think your screen is perfectly clean, but I assure you it is not. I see a lot of posts on here about cosmetic blemishes and whatnot. My advice is to enjoy your products as they were intended to be used and not to treat them as though they are works of art. I learned this lesson the hard way! :)

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

That's an interesting observation. :eek: I didn't know about that before I read your post. :eek: Thanks for sharing this valuable info. Appreciate it. :)