Oct. 29-Nov 5 Delivery Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nickgmcd, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Nickgmcd macrumors newbie

Hi, all. I'm new here. Just ordered a 40mm Hermès single-tour in Fauve on Oct. 1st and received a shipping estimate of Oct. 29th-Nov. 5th. I haven't seen any progress on my order, yet, though I'm curious if anyone else who received a similar estimate has? I will post here as I receive updates from Apple, and I hope other folks will, too. Thanks everyone!

2. Proteinaceous macrumors member

Welcome to the forum. :)

Ordered Sep 29. Same delivery estimate...no movement yet. Waiting on 2 SS/Milanese (a 40mm and a 44mm).

In my experience, Apple usually provides conservative estimates and actual delivery often beats the estimate. However, these things seem to be in high demand (relative to manufacturing rate...particularly the stainless) so who knows. I suspect we'll start to see some activity next week.

If you keep an eye on the Oct 22-Oct 29 thread, that may provide some indication on the relative timing of Oct 28-Nov 5 group.

3. Nickgmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response! Around 6:40pm Central Time today I noticed that the status has switched to preparing to ship! No bank account, email, or text notification activity, yet, but I would guess those will post soon. Can't wait to get my watch! :)

4. Proteinaceous macrumors member

That’s encouraging. No movement for me yet.

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I had one on order for delivery early to mid November. I kept checking apple store stock in the meantime. Last night I was able to reserve one and picked it up today. Keep checking your local stores if there is one near you.

PS series 4 is a huge improvement over series 3.

6. Kroch macrumors newbie

No change in status for me yet... :-( maybe I’m not refreshing the page often enough....

7. SatManager macrumors 6502

SatManager

My 44mm SBSS with Sports Band that I ordered on 29 September moved to Preparing to Ship today.

8. Nickgmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

I now have bank activity and shipping notifications from Apple to expect my watch on the 25th, as of 12:01am Central Time (10/19). Woot!

9. Proteinaceous macrumors member

Update...of the 2 watches I ordered (noted above), the 40mm is “Preparing to ship” and my card has been charged. The 44mm is still “in progress.”

10. Kroch macrumors newbie

Mine is on its way and scheduled for the 26th!

11. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

How so?