Octavo Case. Anyone purchase one yet.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ragermac, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ragermac macrumors regular

I am interested in a moleskin type case but not interested in waiting forever to get one. The Octavo case ships in a week and seems to be well made. Anyone have any experiences with this particular case?

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I have one on order that should get here Thursday or Friday. I'll be happy to post pics when I get it.

3. ragermac thread starter macrumors regular

4. machacker macrumors regular

I also have one on order. It was supposed to ship on Friday, but mine still says Awaiting Shipment. I haven't seen anyone else post about this case yet, but it looked amazing when I compared it to the other Moleskin cases. I'll make sure to throw some pics up here too.

What color did everyone else get? I got the Camden Blue w/interior pocket.

5. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I got the exact same combo. I'll be using it with a black iPad.

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Mine is on order as well. By far the best made of the 3 most commonly purchased (Portenzo, Dodo) in my opinion.

I got the green interior w/o the pocket. They have a great reputation, great customer service and use real precision when making their cases. If you check out their Facebook page you can see some of the manufacturing.

Looking forward to posting pics just as soon as I get mine.

7. ragermac thread starter macrumors regular

This is interesting to hear, what makes the Octavo the best made out of the others?

8. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I've owned Pad & Quill before as well as Dodo. Dodo was just terrible and it scratched my iPad. In fairness, they offered me a new case.

P&Q products are superb. The one criticism in the past is that they have been on the bigger side but in emails with them, the iPad 2 Octavo is going to be their thinnest and lightest yet. The wood was always perfectly sanded w/o blemish and the binding was top notch.

Portenzo had an issue with spine wear in the past which (according to them in the portenzo thread) has been fixed. Since I have not held the iPad 2 version of either, I can only base my view on prior models.

Also, Portenzo seems to be having some supply / fulfillment issues although some are attributing that to their high level of quality assurance. Octavos have started shipping (per Facebook comments).

I do not think you can go wrong between an Octavo or Portenzo.

9. redzapper macrumors member

10. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

11. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

As soon as i wrote my last comment an email came in saying my order has shipped :D

Ordered at Saturday at 11pm and already shipped! Will post pics as soon as I can.

12. redzapper macrumors member

Please also post a review. I am wavering on waiting for the Portenzo.

13. kettybear macrumors member

I'm thinking about the Octavo because it hast the most "book-like" look out, but the only things that worry me are the look of the corners (looks rugged and cheezy) and the camera hole in the back. I read in a post on another thread that the camera hole isn't aligned 100% and it's not finished. I wish they had the option of not including the hole.