Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fowler.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2004
Pasadena

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 179

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
cb911 said:
how is "S***hole" an official place? i've never heard of that, but i've heard plenty of places being called that...

so, another NSW'er complaining about Brisbane drivers. :p are you talking about QLD drivers in Sydney? because i've seen plenty of tourist NSW (and VIC) drivers up here driving too damn slow. but that's just what tourists do - right? i'm not complaining about that. and both our cities have their fare share of... um, 'older' drivers. that doesn't exactly make for speedy traffic, if you know what i mean. :p but we've just had a rain for the past two days as well. which is good for us, now we might be able to buy some turf and finish the landscaping around the house. finally.

but you've gotta admit - QLD has the best beaches. :D

True that, and the weather, its cold and windy here today, and, yes, i am talking about queensland drivers here in Sydney. I have seen some shockers. The rain has not stopped falling here, and my Swimming Pool is overflowing yet again, which has flooded the dirtpatch which is my backyard.

KR1S

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2004
Las Vegas
After looking through this thread I made some changes of my own and here's my computer :)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 233

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
paxtonandrew, i have the solution to your problems.

paxtonandrew said:
We have had about 2 days of non stop rain, and i have been getting home late recently, so no garage for my car, so i am usually wet on the way to work.

umbrella.jpg

;) :D

sorry, i couldn't resist. i just thought of that after my last post last night. :D :p

and i think we got some more rain last night as well. good stuff. :)

nice car KR1S. you're a lucky bastard. i hear that those really hoot along quite nicely. ;)

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Are there ones other than edesign's and mine? He has had his for a long time and i have been using this one for months.

New desktop. Thanks for the pic edesign. :)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 246

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
vector, where did you get those folder icons on the lower right? and also, how do you keep them so inline on your desktop? i always move them when i click on them, is there a way to lock them in place?

thanks

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
You can keep all of your icons in line by pressing command-j and selecting snap to grid.

I got the icons from here. It is the icon set called System Icons X.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Katamari Damacy

My 12" Powerbook desktop after I bought one of the most addictive and refreshing game I ever played.

Intro movie of the game: Link

Gameplay movie: Link

Argh!!! I can't get the theme song out of my head! Curse you King of the Cosmos! Why did you had to break the stars!

Attachments

• katamaridesktop.jpg
    katamaridesktop.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 241

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
srobert said:
My 12" Powerbook desktop after I bought one of the most addictive and refreshing game I ever played.

Intro movie of the game: Link

Gameplay movie: Link

Argh!!! I can't get the theme song out of my head! Curse you King of the Cosmos! Why did you had to break the stars!

Oddest movie for a game...ever! What was all that about?!!
The game did look quite interesting, though suitably odd too!

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
munkle said:
Oddest movie for a game...ever! What was all that about?!!
The game did look quite interesting, though suitably odd too!

hmmm.... Long story short:

The Kink of the Cosmos (The weird mustachioed guy with the funky head ornament) broke all the stars (Not sure if it's on purpose, accident or if he was drunk). He gave you, his son, the mission of making new stars. To do so, you roll your "Katamari" around. Things stick to it. As it get bigger you can pick even bigger stuff. You start real small, about an inch, picking up push-pins mahjong tiles, cookies and other stuff on a table but you can grow as big as half a mile (my record) and pick whole Islands, stadiums, etc...) The game-play is real simple. No jumping, no puzzles, no talking... just rolling around. Strangely addictive. You have a time limit and must make a ball of a certain size to clear the level before time runs out.

The game sold out twice and it's back order again.

Edit
(To answer munkle's question):

I don't want to create more posts about this as it's not on subject so I'll simply update this one.

Yes, the game is really interesting. It's a welcomed change to your typical Sport/Racing/Fighting/RPG game. Plus the soundtrack is second to none. (Just ordered it from eBay). It's a PS2 game. (Forgot to mention that earlier). It's actually back order pretty much everywhere. The game sales for only 19.99 US$ (new) but you might have to fork way more for it on eBay as it highly in demand.

EB Games

Tons of reviews here

Edit 2:
(Answer to Munkle's Edit)

Pleasure is mine.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
The game actually sounds pretty interesting! Possible to test out a demo anywhere?

Edit: Thanks a lot for the info srobert. Was hoping it was going to be for the Mac but might have to check it out :)

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia

click for full view, and for details... http://macsnaps.com/view.php?type=screengrab&id=1087&clear=1098317362

i just spent some time last night modding a few widgets to fit my whole "matrix-style" look that i'm going for. here's a quick run-down of what i did:

• changed the text in NetAct to Monaco, and changed the color.

• then changed the TubeClock from having orange numbers, go green. and also made the border smaller. i like it *much* better with a smaller border.

• then i went to work on FlipClock. i changed the color of it as well, although not quite what i wanted, but those graphics were such a pain to edit, i'm in no rush to change them again. i also managed to get rid of the text on this widget, and i'm going to make the 'label' or 'border' smaller later on. and i also tried to remove the date/month from the left side of the widget, but i only ended up with it bugging up on me. i might need some help with that. ;)

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway

From two of my systems (click on pic for 1024x768 version).

There's usually about two zillion apps on the screen at once and I really, *really* need a bigger and better screen. The low resolution of my current one (an old Apple 15" LCD) is becoming annoying. Grr..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.