Octopus Keyboard (BB 10 Styled Keyboard)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HickDead, Jun 1, 2012.

1. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HjpUNe9Nbww

This tweak needs to release ASAP. It brings Blackberry 10 styled keyboard to the iPhone. The current iPhone keyboard sucks donkey nutters and there really aren't many tweaks available to make typing easier and quicker.

iSwipe (formerly 'Swype') was on the right track but apparently has been abandoned by it's developer. It's way too inaccurate and a PITA to use. It's not even close to the Swype version for Android.

iKeywi adds a 5th row to the keyboard (very handy) but still doesn't really making typing on the iPhone that much faster.

Hopefully OCTOPUS KEYBOARD will be available in Cydia soon. It was supposed to be out late last month but now there is no ETA. Check out the video link above. Sweet-looking app/tweak!

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Swipe Selection is a good tweak for the current keyboard as well.

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I was using swipe selection since I jailbroke 5.1.1 but it's buggy for me. It would randomly jump to the middle of the sentence while I was texting. Does that happen for anyone else? It was so annoying I went back to my old favorite texting tweak "swipe shift caret". No bugs at all.

4. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Yes, it happens to me. But I guess that's because I type real fast, and sometimes I don't release my finger from screen that much.

5. Balibalistic macrumors regular