Odd 23" ACD behaviour.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by inigel, Jul 31, 2009.

1. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

I'm using a 23" ACD with my 2008 Mac Pro. I want to use the ACD's power button to "Sleep and wake the computer." I like it that way cause the small light turns off when the computer turns off.

Which is fine, until I boot into Windows, which decides to change that. When I shut down Windows, I have to manually turn the monitor off. Then change the setting back in Mac OS X.

Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix? I am currently using Vista Business 64 bit. It never did this with Vista HP 32 bit or Windows XP.

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Driver?

You might contact Apple (check their support site, first) to see if their 64-bit Vista driver doesn't support that capability while the others do?

3. noiceT macrumors 6502a

This actually started happening to me when I updated to 10.5.7. I think you just have to make sure you choose the sleep and wake radio button under system preferences/displays. And I guess make sure to lock it.

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I have my dual 23"s to sleep wake with the power button. Do you just hit the power button on the ACD and the computer goes to sleep? Mine brings up the dialog box asking if I am sure if I want to shut it down.