Odd advice / justification needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac&cheesey, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

Okay, so this is a bit of an odd thread.

I need some help justifying the purchase of a 12" G4 PowerBook.
    I totally don't need another laptop. I have a UMB and a hackintoshed Dell Mini9. My wife has a MBP and we also have an iMac.
    But for some reason, gawd I want a 12" PowerBook. LOL
    I was walking through an airport recently and saw a guy working on one. It looked like the perfect size. So cool.
    I have been looking for a mint (or as close as possible) 1.5GHz model. As I'm sure most of you are aware, they are tough to come by. The search continues though. There is one close by for sale that looks good in the pictures but the guy selling hasn't answered some specific questions yet. Anyway, back to my dilemma...

What else can I do with the PowerBook aside from just having another laptop? I know that's a weird question but I know some people use their computers pretty creatively around the house. We have an AppleTV in the living room (everything streams from the iMac in the office). I though of using Front Row on it to watch movies in the bedroom.

So, what else can I do with it?
    Am I crazy for wanting another mac? Should I just forget about this?
    I know Snow Leopard won't run on it (right?). That doesn't concern me.

Any advice or help would be really great. And if anyone has a machine that fits that description I might be interested :) PM me.

2. MacYost macrumors member

A 12" PowerBook still looks great, especially how the keyboard fits in the enclosure. I have one and it is hard parting with it.

The PowerBook will not run Snow Leopard, because that OS is Intel-only. The PowerBook runs Leopard fine and I run a pro-app like Logic Pro 8 almost every day. Two days ago I tested its display performance with a new MacBook White and I saw no differences!

So, you can do almost anything you think of, on a 12" PowerBook. Happy computing.

3. mbpnewbie macrumors regular