ODD Apple store situation today-> READ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kgeier82, Jul 18, 2008.

1. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

I waited in line today while waiting for 4pm to roll around for my genius bar appt(iphone1 was being replaced).

Waited about 1hr, in Columbia, mD. I got the last voucher for "we only have so many in stock". It was only for white 16GB. I knew i was gettin a refurb gen1 (or my DF fufilled by next week), so I would be walking out with some form of iphone.

I kindly turned to the man behind me, and handed him the voucher, and didnt take a penny :) I shoulda haha

I got what I wanted today, and made someone happy.

Now for the bad....

I think there is something fishy going on with apple/iphones. The guy that was giving out the iphones and hooking them up was helping a girl today. She had a voucher, but he didnt know that. He brought out a 16GB iphone (which is what voucher was for), and started hooking it to her account. She then showed him the voucher. He said "oh you have that...then this phone is up for grabs..."

Its amazing how they can supposedly count 10 phones left, and miss one? I doubt it. It seems they are limiting their selling stock to maybe give the store, or itunes a break....Come to your own conclusion, but it was very odd... He went to the back, and grabbed a 2nd white iphone for her voucher.... ODD very very odd!

2. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

In retail, NO ONE knows what they're doing.

3. kgeier82 thread starter macrumors 65816

it was a very odd event to witness... the other guy that was being serviced thought so as well, with an odd look on his face.

I said to the girl "i thought they only had 10 left, how could they miss #11" she was perplexed as well.

They also let some guy reserve one for later? without a credit card! WTF.

He forgot it or something, and they told him to come back before close. I thought it was nice, but you have 'X' people outside with cards, ready to go.... Odd day in apple retail