Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nalp2010

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
At the beginning of January I purchased a Mac Pro (educational store) together with an AppleCare Protection Plan. I got an e-mail from Apple confirming AppleCare and later a package was delivered with AppleCare terms and conditions.

However, when I go to the Apple site (link) and enter my serial number and country it states the following -

Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on 08 January 2010.

Your product is not eligible for complimentary phone support.

If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Extend your service and support coverage for your product with the AppleCare Protection Plan. If you have already purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, make sure you have registered it.

When I try to register my AppleCare plan the site says that it is already registered ...

So I'm wondering why one part of the Apple web site suggests my warranty is only a year and I can extend coverage with AppleCare and the AppleCare registration part says that I'm already registered ? :confused:

EDIT:Not sure whether it matters but I'm in the UK.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
I see a couple of potential problems here. Simplest thing to do is call Apple and get them to help you out. Was it an Apple Store you purchased from, Apple online store, or third party vendor?

Nalp2010

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I purchased from the online store and my online order history also shows the physical AppleCare items sent to me.

shahr04360

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2007
GMT+8
If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Go here and tell them. They'd welcome and reply you soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.