Odd AppleCare Issue ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Nalp2010, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Nalp2010 macrumors member

At the beginning of January I purchased a mac pro (educational store) together with an AppleCare Protection Plan. I got an e-mail from Apple confirming AppleCare and later a package was delivered with AppleCare terms and conditions.

However, when I go to the Apple site (link) and enter my serial number and country it states the following -

When I try to register my AppleCare plan the site says that it is already registered ...

So I'm wondering why one part of the Apple web site suggests my warranty is only a year and I can extend coverage with AppleCare and the AppleCare registration part says that I'm already registered ? :confused:

EDIT:Not sure whether it matters but I'm in the UK.

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I see a couple of potential problems here. Simplest thing to do is call Apple and get them to help you out. Was it an Apple Store you purchased from, Apple online store, or third party vendor?

3. Nalp2010 thread starter macrumors member

I purchased from the online store and my online order history also shows the physical AppleCare items sent to me.

4. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

A phone call is the best solution. Luckily, it'll should be one call, since it was an online purchase.

5. animaxcg macrumors regular

6. Nalp2010 thread starter macrumors member

That's what my first post was about ... :confused:

7. johan.k macrumors regular

Go here and tell them. They'd welcome and reply you soon.