Odd Authorization issue with old DRM ITunes songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by treehorn, Nov 5, 2011.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

My partner is having a very strange experience with songs he purchased back in the day when iTunes songs were DRM protected and 128 Bitrate. In trying to play those songs he's told he's not authorized. In trying to authorize the computer, he's told 5 computers have been authorized.

We figured that it was due to his getting a new logic board installed in his laptop and that it's being recognized as a new computer as a result. So we used the 'deauthorize all computers' feature.

But it is still happening. Even though his iTunes account says he has only 1 computer authorized, when he tries to play those songs he's told he has 5 authorized.

We've unauthorized the computer multiple times to see if it had gotten authorized multiple times (per some article on Apple's troubleshooting site). No such luck.

What's really odd is I can play the song perfectly on my computer. Even though I'm supposedly not authorized. And I've even deauthorized my computer (and been told that I wasn't authorized to begin with). Yet the songs still play on my computer and not his...

Any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

3. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Nope...didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though :)