iPad Pro Odd battery behaviour

pward

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Hi,

I have a 3-week old iPad Pro 2018 11". It was fully charged at 6:30pm on Friday. I used it for a few minutes yesterday lunchtime then left it closed in its Otterbox case and went out for the afternoon. I picked it up at 9pm last evening and battery was down to 45%.

I've screenshotted the Battery section in Settings below.

The 4 hours of Screen On time between 3pm and 8pm occurred when we were out (no one else could have used it) and it doesn't report app usage for those periods.

All seems a bit odd. Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on here?

059CD8C5-EEBE-4537-B6D2-A3D3E1B92341.png

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Had this happen to me too overnight. Was fully charged 100% and unplugged it and morning woke up to be 80%. Battery Stats showed nothing out of the ordinary, like no apps were running), but something must have been stuck running in the background. Rebooting the device fixed the problem for me. So I'd try that. For me it's always something in the network so resetting network settings fixed this issue.

AutomaticApple

macrumors 68020
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Had this happen to me too overnight. Was fully charged 100% and unplugged it and morning woke up to be 80%. Battery Stats showed nothing out of the ordinary, like no apps were running), but something must have been stuck running in the background. Rebooting the device fixed the problem for me. So I'd try that. For me it's always something in the network so resetting network settings fixed this issue.
Are you running the public beta of iPadOS?

pward

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Thanks. I've given it a reboot and so far today all has been well.
[doublepost=1561908528][/doublepost]
Are you running the public beta of iPadOS?
No, I am running 12.3.1