Odd behavior, blue hue over the screen when switching users?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BiikeMike, Nov 16, 2007.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Anyone ever experience this before?

When I switch from one user to another, a bluish hue comes over my whole screen. It's fairly faint, but for a photographer, that's bad news!

The only way to get it to go away is a full restart.

MBP 2.16 CD
    2 Gigs APPLE RAM

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

kind of sounds like its losing your color profile

3. iGav macrumors G3

Yup.

I actually first experienced the same issue on a 1GHz TiBook when running a particular .version of Panther (though I can't remember which now) a few years ago, it only occurred with that one specific .version.

I've been experiencing the same issues recently with my 1.83GHz MacBook Pro too with Tiger... 10.4.11.

And I'm 99% certain this is the culprit.

Have you tried changing your display resolution and then changing it back? Works for me.

Luckily with Christmas coming up, I'll have the time to do a full and thorough wipe of my HD then I'll be doing a clean, fresh install of Leopard... I've had the Leopard install DVD sitting next to me for the best part of 2 months now, but I've just not had the time (or indeed the desire to take the risk) to install it when I've got commercial projects on.

4. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

This was a problem present in Tiger (and before that I think). I haven't noticed it at all in Leopard, so if you haven't upgraded there is another plus for you. If you can't upgrade, then just don't use the fast user switching. Sorry there isn't more the help with it.

5. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

I have had this problem throughout multiple versions of Tiger and it is still happening in .11, I would think it would have been fixed by now.

iMac 2ghz 10.4.11

6. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

have you checked that you're using the same color profile in both user accounts?