Odd BT keyboard issue

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by IrishVixen, Sep 28, 2011.

1. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

For some reason today, my Apple Wireless Keyboard doesn't seem to be holding a persistent BT connection to the iPad. Turned both devices on and off, changed the batteries in the keyboard (though they measured fine on a battery tester), nothing else is using BT nearby--nothing seems to be helping it. It simply periodically drops after a variable amount of time of non use, even as little as a minute. I'd think that was normal, save that it never used to do this. Prior to today, it would sleep after a much lengthier time, perhaps half an hour?

Any ideas? I'm about to "forget" and re-pair them next.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. MathRulz macrumors regular

I had a similar problem. Forget and re-pair took care of it for me. If you have gotten a new wireless phone system, you might be getting interference.

4. IrishVixen thread starter macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Thanks for the input! Forget & re-pair seems to be working so far; hopefully that cleared it out. No new wireless phones, though I did dig out an old Airport Express and set it up this morning to use with AirPlay in the same room. I'm thinking though that that's a much older band and shouldn't affect BT the same way some of the newer wireless phones do, right?

(Not sure AppleCare would have been much use on this one, since both the iPad and Keyboard are out of warranty--the charge for phone support alone would be nearly as much as a new keyboard, LOL)

5. MathRulz macrumors regular