Odd charge from Apple Store--related to iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by InsertName, Dec 15, 2009.

1. InsertName macrumors member

Oct 5, 2009
    Hi all,

I ordered my i7 this past Saturday (Dec 12th) and a printer at the same time. The full amount including tax for my printer was deducted from my account almost immediately. Of course, the money for the iMac wasn't--as far as I understand it, that won't disappear until the "prepared for shipment" stage.

However, checking this morning, I noticed a further charge from the Apple Store that appeared within the last 12 or so hours. It's for a small sum ($30 or thereabouts)...but I haven't anything on order apart from the iMac. Consequently I'm confused. Anyone know what this charge may be? Is it indicitive of anything or should I be on the phone to Apple shortly trying to find out what's going on?

Any help appreciated!
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    Is it a charge or a pre-authorization? Pre-authorizations are fairly common and disappear after a few days. Your best bet is to call Apple or your bank as they can tell you the answer swiftly.
  3. InsertName thread starter macrumors member

Oct 5, 2009
  4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    Apple puts a hold on the entire amount on my card, instantly.
  5. InsertName thread starter macrumors member

Oct 5, 2009
    Yeah, turns out that I can't remember what I did over the weekend...but it certainly included going to the Apple Store and buying software... :eek:
  6. bassjunky macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2009
    How drunk or stoned were you?
  7. Markomcm macrumors member

Nov 27, 2009
    Not sure about your case

When I ordered a unibody MacBook for my wife rom the apple store there was a test charge of $36.14 which was removed once the order shipped and debited to my account.
  8. InsertName thread starter macrumors member

Oct 5, 2009
    Heh, nowhere near as much as I'd like to have been. Just tired from work. And very, very hungover from the office Christmas party the night beforehand! ;)