iPad Odd charges when buying iPad air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joshtheburrito, Nov 1, 2013.

1. joshtheburrito macrumors member

Hey everyone,
    Just woke up this morning and ordered a space grey iPad air from the iPhone app. I got a confirmation saying that i was charged $530.19 on my credit card and i would receive another email telling me when it would be ready to pick up at my local Apple Store.

About 30 seconds later i receive a text on my phone saying my card was charged for $530.19 from the Apple Store, which is fine.

Another ~2 minutes go by and i receive a separate text from my credit card company saying there was a separate charge from the Apple Store of $12.47. When i checked my receipt from the app, it still said $530.19.

WTH?? What would the other $12 charge be for?:confused:

Anyone else get this when they bought their iPad for pickup?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

I'm guessing a check to see if the credit card will work?

4. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Probably just the initial authorization, which is then removed

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

this is what i'm thinking,like when sometimes iTunes will charge a dollar first then drop the charge.

i had no issues with my BoA debit card and the local apple store this morning.

6. joshtheburrito thread starter macrumors member

I understand that it could be an environmental fee or a fee to check the card but it seems like I'm the only person who received this message.

BTW: I just received the email stating my iPad is ready to be picked up, but the charge is still on my card.

7. joshtheburrito thread starter macrumors member

Update: I just checked the invoice off of Apple's main website and it shows that the iPad now is $542.66. It shows under payment method $530.xx was charged on my visa and $12.xx was charged on my visa for a total of $542.66?

I still don't understand what is going on and my local Apple Store isn't answering their phone:mad:

8. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

9. joshtheburrito thread starter macrumors member

Guess that is what I'll have to do.

10. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

11. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I had an odd issue when I picked mine up today.

I also pre-ordered (and paid) online early this morning for pick up today.

I went to the store when I got my "your order is ready" email. But when I got there, my AppleCare was still listed as 'not yet ready to pick up.' Even the Apple store blue shirt guy was baffled by that one (since AppleCare isn't a physical product). So we had to cancel the AppleCare order, refund the CC, then ring up a new order.

Weird.

12. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I did the personal pickup option and I noticed after getting home that my card shows an authorization for the total for the ipad plus the smart case which looks fine since they were ordered together. But underneath there is also an authorization for the total with tax of just the smart case by itself. I guess we will know on monday when these things clear

13. isephmusic macrumors 6502

never pay online. lol i went in there and said yooooooo wallmart is selling them 20 dolalrs off. im trying to get that deal.

499 to 479 in store ^_^ no waiting in line for pick up either lol