Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r0n1n

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
I was looking at some console logs earlier, and I noticed this message;

Code:
2/14/11 8:57:26 PM	Apple80211 framework[742]	ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface

When I saw that message, I had no clue what could've caused it. So, I googled the message, and all I could find were topics about the Airport not working properly. I use ethernet, not Airport/WiFi. Then I thought that there could be something wrong with my internet connection. So, I went to speedtest.net, then ran a speed test and my download/upload speed is normal (See pic below.).

1157979400.png

Is that "ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface" message something to worry about? I haven't had any issues with OS X lately (or any time, for that matter :cool:). Its just that console message looks suspicious.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
That's just a message line. There's lots of things that come through the log files. Unless you're getting messages that say "Error" or are occurring on the scale dozens per minute, I wouldn't worry about it.

r0n1n

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
That's just a message line. There's lots of things that come through the log files. Unless you're getting messages that say "Error" or are occurring on the scale dozens per minute, I wouldn't worry about it.
I haven't had any error messages. I just looked at the system.logs, and the only time within the past 7 days that ACInterfaceGetPower message showed up, was last night. So, I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks. :)

I think you wanted to show off your download speed. :)
When I googled that console message, all I could find where topics about either the Airport losing connection with the router, or having slow bandwidth speeds while using the airport. So, I thought that console message might have something to do with my internet speed (even though, I use ethernet). Thats why I posted the speediest pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.