Odd delivery status change

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csc2ya, Oct 1, 2007.

1. csc2ya macrumors newbie

Anyone had this happen to them. Yesterday the status of my order on TNT's site was 'recived by redhill depot' (not 100% sure about the name of that depot), and I could get the image of the signature of the person who signed for it there

I thought....cool.....it's in the UK...I might get it tommorow.

Woke up today, logged onto apple's site to get the tracking number again, entered it into TNT's site and:

Reference 80********
    Pick up date 30 Sep 2007
    Destination Pevensey
    Delivery Date
    Signatory
    Date Time Location Status
    30 Sep 2007 16:07 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
    29 Sep 2007 16:49 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

Unless it's come to the UK, then gone back to China for some bizzare reason this seems odd.

Is it possible that the different timezones between the UK and china could cause this to occur?

2. zen macrumors 65816

zen

TNT's online tracker seems to have issues sometimes. Call them on the phone with your consignment number and you'll get up to date and accurate info.

According to their online tracker my iMac is still in China, but on the phone they told me it has just been scanned through the depot in the Netherlands!

3. csc2ya thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just phoned them. Looks like mine is in the same place as your iMac. They said it had been scanned through at their Arnhem depot a few minutes ago.

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

5. zen macrumors 65816

zen

No, it's a real person, and if you get talking you can get some pretty detailed information out of them. Very impressed with their customer service on the phone actually.

6. csc2ya thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's not automated. You'll get through to an advisor who will ask you what you're calling about. I gave them my consignment number and they entered it into a computer to find out where it was.

They told me to either keep checking the site, or call back every few days to find out the status.

7. twonga macrumors member

mine is due for delivery tommorow

Does anyone know if TNT will leave the parcel with a neighbour or in the shed? As i wont be in tommorow to take the delivery?

8. zen macrumors 65816

zen

Call them and leave instructions. Otherwise they'll just leave you a card asking you to arrange a new delivery time.

9. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Well mine just changed to ON FEDEX TRUCK FOR DELIVERY!!!
    i know off topic but i didnt want to post a new thread about this...:apple::D:apple::D

10. csc2ya thread starter macrumors newbie

it looks like mine is in the UK for real now:

80324762 8060019187 PEVENSEY 30/09/2007 Please Call

80324762 TS13 4RW SALTBURN-BY-THE-SEA 03/08/2007 Delivered

Looks like I should get it tommorow if that information is correct:D:apple: