Odd download popup when saving alarm with a song

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by AlphaVictor87, Feb 9, 2013.

1. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

So I'm trying to figure out why I keep getting this pop up on my phone when I'm using one of my songs in my music as an alarm sound. I didn't buy the song on itunes so I'm not sure why it would try to download anything.

I'll try to post the picture later but the popup says "Download Over Cellular? Additional fees may apply when downloading songs over cellular" And the options are Cancel and Download.

And yes it happens every time. Didn't start till 6.0 maybe 6.1. I'm on a 4S. And this is the stock alarm in the clock app.

2. joshforman macrumors regular

3. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

4. AlphaVictor87, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

5. hedleylammarr macrumors newbie

I have recently found this on my iPhone 4S iOS 6.1. Like you I have never purchased the songs in question? Very odd

Attached Files:

6. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Well i guess i'm glad to see it happening to someone else, just not sure why its happening. I've been messing around with the settings and i just can't find anything on why it would be.

I have cellular data turned on as well.

7. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Did anyone resolve this please? Been happening to me for a while now every time I set an alarm using my music on the device.

Quite annoying . . .

8. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Mine was resolved but i'm not sure what happened. I do know that since this issue occured i had reconnected to itunes to get a bunch of new songs on my phone and for some reason itunes didn't recognize my phone as being connected with that library. So it synced up with the "new" library and deleted all my songs and then re-downloaded them.

Since then i haven't had any issues. Sorry i don't have a fix for ya :(

9. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry to hear you had to do a full restore.

Hopefully there will be a fix forthcoming. I wonder how many are affected?

10. artguy10 macrumors member

artguy10

Same problem. I'm concerned about whatever "additional fees" it could be talking about so I hit cancel and it doesn't let me use the alarm. Even when I edit an alarm that was just using a song that's on my phone. If I change it when I'm on Wifi it's fine.

11. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Don't mean to dig this up again, but its better than starting a new thread.

Both my phone and my wife's phone are getting this message again. We just keep hitting cancel. Maybe someone new will see this and has an idea.

and this has persisted through to 6.1.3

12. Hbennett92 macrumors newbie

Not sue if anyone has cruelly had problems with their data usage from this message showing up (despite I click cancel every time)... -

My Internet usage on 27/4 was 27% of 1gb, it is now 83%, I am always connected to wifi at work and home, I don't download anything, and it's only been happening since this message came up...

I hope apple can sort something soon!

13. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Still getting it here too, which is poor considering there have been several iterative updates since it appeared.

It's annoying as I use the phone as my everyday alarm and always set it to wake me with a tune from my collection.