odd feedback from some sellers on ebay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I have been looking through a bidder's profile, and they have all green positive feedback on ebay, but there are a couple of bad feedbacks as buyers, but the odd thing is that they are marked with green like a positive feedback instead of red. Why is this?

I also looked at their ebay page, and they have a note about making sure that items are described as they are or they will open a return case.

Are they a serial refunder? It is really hard to tell, since the vast majority of their feedback is positive, in fact it is 100% green, even though there were a couple of bad ones that were marked green as well.

2. Tazoawake2016 macrumors member

Tazoawake2016

That's because eBay does NOT allow sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers, I believe since 2008. Apparently some sellers were retaliating with negative feedback when they received negative feedback, thus discouraging new members from using the site. So, now only buyers can leave negative feedback.

3. Sanpete macrumors 68020

This is why it's important to actually read feedback.

4. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks, their tone overall makes me a little nervous they have majority good feedback but they seem like a fussy buyer.

A couple of the feedbacks were bad; one called them a liar, and their line on their eBay page reads make sure item description is accurate or I will open a refund case.

I make sure my descriptions are accurate.