Odd glow circles on battery indicator

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fn6019, May 27, 2010.

1. fn6019 macrumors newbie

While charging my iPhone 3G I notices what appears to be a fingerprint-sized area of glow at both of the top end of the battery indicator.

I have attached a couple of images to show what I mean. Are these lightened areas normal?

I have seen other threads about battery glow but none specifically about what I am seeing but apologise if I am duplicating..
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

I'm not sure what you are talking about...the highlight on the ends of the image of the battery? If so...it's just artistic highlights.

I see nothing different on my iPhone.

3. fn6019 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have now fully charged the phone and notice a kind of glow running along the top of the indicator and down the sides, I hope you ca see what I mean in the lastest image..

Attached Files:

4. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

When it's fully charged, the battery logo glows. Fact.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It used to be stated in the owners manual at least for the original iPhone. Not sure if it still mentions the glow when charged now.

6. mstrze macrumors 68000

Really? This is an issue to people?? I don't understand. :confused:

What's next? Theres a curved line on my iPhone's startup-screen Apple Logo?

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

OH yes. People have posted about that here and on the Apple support forums. I guess they thought that line on the Apple logo was a defect like it was a broken Apple or something. :eek: