Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Here's a photo of the line...

web.jpg

It's been there for a while now. Anyone know what causes it and if it can be fixed? It can be quite distracting at times. Thanks for any help!

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Well it must be the display because I had the logic board replaced a few months ago. The green line was there before that. Is this going to become a bigger problem down the road, or just stay a minor annoyance? My Apple Care expired a while ago, so that's a no go. How much does a new display cost?

aerove

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
thats a display failure.. go thru some of my old posts .. i had the same issue but was under applecare and they replaced the lcd.. otherwise just walk into a apple store and try convincing them to fix it .. if u are lucky they might just do it for free otherwise you are out of luck!

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
The thing I'm wondering is if it's going to get worse down the road? Or if it's just going to stay like this.

dnkbro

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
It depends on the particular model of your MacBook Pro. If you want to save some money, there are great tutorials on fixing it yourself at www.ifixit.com. They also sell parts there too but the prices seem to be pretty high. I'd try looking at eBay maybe.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Not to threadjack, but I'm having a similar problem with my Core 2 Duo iMac. Starting about a week ago, whenever I would watch a video file I would have a green line appear across the video, but not the entire screen. For the first time today, I had a green & black line appear across my Safari window along the bookmarks bar. In all cases the line has appeared about 1 inch from the top of the window. I've read all of the suggestions but I still don't know where I should start in trying to fix it. My AppleCare ended in October. :(

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-12 at 6.14.38 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-12 at 6.14.38 AM.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,543

aerove

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Not to threadjack, but I'm having a similar problem with my Core 2 Duo iMac. Starting about a week ago, whenever I would watch a video file I would have a green line appear across the video, but not the entire screen. For the first time today, I had a green & black line appear across my Safari window along the bookmarks bar. In all cases the line has appeared about 1 inch from the top of the window. I've read all of the suggestions but I still don't know where I should start in trying to fix it. My AppleCare ended in October. :(

u shld still call up applecare.. it looks like a graphic card failure.. i think apple extended the warranty on 8600 ? but it doesnt hurt to call and give it a shot! :)

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010

that has to be some kind of GFX card problem because you could actually take a screenshot of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.