Odd iOS 6 podcast issue.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Chabba, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Chabba, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

Chabba macrumors regular

With iOS 6, I've noticed a strange issue and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I used my 4S to listen to podcasts with the Podcast app in my car, using the headphone jack output. When I arrive at my destination, I just remove the 3.5mm cable from the phone, the podcast stops. However, if someone calls and I don't answer, it begins to play again through the speaker. I tried this with the Music app, and it doesn't do it. Only the Podcast app and this was never an issue with iOS 5.

To test I plugged in headphones, began podcast with Podcast app, lock screen, pull out cable and then call and hang up effectively causing a missed call. The podcast starts right back up.
    :confused:

Anyone else experience this?

2. Chabba thread starter macrumors regular

3. homerun360 macrumors newbie

Yes. The same thing happens to me. I hate it when my phone is on silent and I am sleeping, the last Podcast starts playing automatically when I receive a missed call.

4. kauffee macrumors newbie

I had this issue, too. I think Podcasts is one of the buggiest, worst apps in the App Store. It caused me and many others to experience very high data usage. I've since deleted it and purchased Pocket Casts. I should have done that long ago. Also look at Instacast or Downcast. Just get rid of that awful Podcasts app.

5. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

Yes I do the same exact thing, podcasts get me through my daily commute. That happens to me as well and also it will resume the podcast if you use Siri.