Odd iPad/gmail calendar issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KevKaos, Jun 22, 2010.

1. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I have used gmail for some time now for both my email and my calendar. When I got my iMac, I got all my gmail stuff to work. Email through my iMail tool and calendar through my iCalendar tool. Then I got my iPad, and got everything working on that as well. Once I was done, I was able to view my calendar, my daughters, and my wife's calendar on my Android phone, my PCs, my iMac and my iPad. Recently, my step daughter sent me the invite to view her calendar as well, but I can't seem to get it to show up on the iPad. I have looked back at how they are set up on the iMac, and it is set by going to accounts and then the delegates tab. That all makes sense now, but the iPad does not have the same sort of settings (at least I don't think it does). I just a few minutes ago set my stepdaughters calendar as a delegate on the iMac. I wonder if I need to delete my calendar info and set it up again from scratch? I'm looking for thoughts that I may have not thought of before resorting to the delete and re-add route.

2. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Fixed It!!!

Well, no one has been able to answer my questions above, but I am posting again because I found the answer and fixed the issue I was having and wanted it documented in case anyone else ever has a similar problem. I guess the quick answer is that I did have to basically delete and readd my calendar connections. Here is the webpage that I found that set me straight. Works perfectly now.

http://apple-ipad-tablet-help.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-sync-google-calendar-with-ipad.html

3. consul11 macrumors newbie

might also try....

Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect ON YOUR IPAD and login to your Google account.

Select which calendars you want to sync with your iPhone/iPad. Click save and the next time your iPhone/iPad does an OTA sync, the calendars you selected should be there.

i tried doing this several times on my mac but never on my ipad until i saw it somewhere. it didn't work until going to the site on my ipad.

this completely solved the problem.