Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mvrcx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Hello all,

Recently I've encountered some issues with my phone. For the past couple of days I've noticed that sometimes, whenever I lock my phone and bring it back up to unlock, the phone has turned off. I turn it back on and everything is normal. I first assumed it to be just some issues with iOS 7, but today while my phone once again turned off after I locked it, I would boot it up, the apple logo would appear, but the phone immediately shut off. This would occur every time I tried to turned it on.

However, after a few tries the phone finally successfully booted up to my home screen, but then I noticed the edges of the screen flickering with some pixelation. Everything worked fine, but the screen worried me, so I backed up to iCloud and turned off my phone to prevent any other damages that might happen.

Is there any reason for this to happen? I have babied this phone. There are no physical damages to it. I can't really come up with a reason for this. Is it the battery? Has my screen gone bad? I did notice that as I was waiting for my phone to back up, the screen wasn't flickering as much as it initially did, but there was still some noticeable flickering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.