Odd issue on wake from sleep, can't find anything on this! (Video inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techno96, Aug 22, 2015.

1. techno96 macrumors member

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted, been lurking forever, but this issue has me stumped!

I get this odd graphical glitch looking display for a quick second when I wake up my computer from sleep, but ONLY when its been sleeping for a few hours, if I only close the lid and then come back to it somewhat soon it does not do this.

I've reformatted and it still happens so I assume its hardware related but I have literally no other issues with the computer.

Here is a video of the issue:

Thoughts, everyone?

2. JackTwist macrumors member

My week old 15" 2015 rMBP has the same issue. Ran a diagnostic and the computer could not find any issue. Scheduling a Genius Bar appointment to check. Concerned since it's such a new device.

3. techno96 thread starter macrumors member

Interesting, I contacted Apple about an out of warranty repair and they agreed (gotta know who to talk to)

I will drop the laptop off sometime in the next few weeks when I am back home.

4. techno96 thread starter macrumors member

5. JackTwist macrumors member

Called Apple Support last night and ran all diagnostics including PRAM reset. Due to being well within the 14 day window, they called the store manager and arranged the exchange. Even when attempting to wipe the system in the store, they noticed the issue. My concern is the GPU and I hope this won't be another AMD issue, as was the 2011 model (my previous MBP).

6. techno96 thread starter macrumors member

I've noticed some graphical glitching on the HDMI output as well, guess we'll see what happens.

7. techno96 thread starter macrumors member

Had my logic board replaced and the issue persists oddly enough...