Odd issue with Verizon 3G on iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Indigovalley, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Indigovalley macrumors member

Indigovalley

Has anyone else had this issue with the new iPad 3 with Verizon? We have very good Verizon coverage in my area (3G only) and a good signal. Today I was surfing the net with my iPad at work and all of a sudden the signal just dropped off completely. It stayed down for at least 3 minutes then returned.

When it happened I quickly checked my iPhone (also Verizon) but there was no problem with signal there and it surfed the internet just fine--it was only an issue with the iPad.

Later, I was using the iPad as a hot spot for a wireless only iPad in my classroom and it happened again--loss of connection to the Verizon towers.

I never had this happen with my iPad 2 Verizon model. Is this an issue or are others experiencing the same thing?

I'd hate to send it in to Apple but maybe this is something that needs repair...

2. yld2rob macrumors newbie

3G Issue

It does not need repair. The service isn't an issue. They need to do a software update. It only happens when you have 4G LTE option enabled and are in a 3G only area. If you turn off the 4G LTE option, your 3G will then work fine!:)

3. hoonu macrumors regular

I have the same exact issue. I have a call with Applecare later today. We'll see what they say.

4. hoonu macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with Apple Support. They asked me to restore my device (surprise, surprise) to see if that resolved the issue. The rep noted that they are aware of this issue and that my device might need to be replaced but to try the restore first.

What's up with the QC at Apple lately? I have been getting some lemon's lately with regards to new hardware.