odd itunes art problem...

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by fisherking, Aug 21, 2015.

1. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

in the previous beta, preview crashed a lot for me, especially when trying to edit pdfs. then one afternoon...i downloaded the manual for a blender. preview crashed when opening it.

the weird thing is...now, every time i bring music into itunes without art, the default image is...the cover to that manual. :eek: it' sorta funny...

anyone know where this file is stored, so i can change it? or have an idea on how to fix this? i can paste over it, just...hate seeing that image every time i import music (i make music, and use itunes a lot for this).

[​IMG]

2. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

i took all my music out (i don't use playlists). deleted the itunes folder in my music folder. deleted caches, prefs. in a
    'clean' itunes, the problem still happens. anyone know where that default 'unknown artist/album' art is?

it's NOT a global issue (i made a test user account, and it doesn't happen there). can't figure this out... :(

4. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

EDIT: finally, deleted prefs, started 'clean'...or so i thought. for a half-second, saw the 'grey box with note' image for an Unknown Album/Artist...which then became the blender picture. ah, well...better that, than, say, a picture of a sad cat or something (but not much better)....