Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackBook88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Fast download slow upload. Either way this thing is fast. Sometimes LTE I feel is too fast for some apps for some apps to keep up that it makes them slower. This will all be fixed as the dvopers update these apps. I have no lag typing this on full desktop view in safari on my iPhone 5. My 4S would have some noticeable lag. I also added the attachment straight from my iPhone browser from my iPhone camera. This thing is incredible!
Here's the results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 119

gbuc95

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Fast download slow upload. Either way this thing is fast. Sometimes LTE I feel is too fast for some apps for some apps to keep up that it makes them slower. This will all be fixed as the dvopers update these apps. I have no lag typing this on full desktop view in safari on my iPhone 5. My 4S would have some noticeable lag. I also added the attachment straight from my iPhone browser from my iPhone camera. This thing is incredible!
Here's the results

My phone is doing the exact same thing here in Orlando.

Ryhian

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Orlando, FL
I've had the speed test flake out a lot too. Could be servers getting more traffic. I'm in Orlando and I'm happy thus far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 96

bwhitta

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
For some reason, my VZW LTE down speed will not break 10mb/s in Jacksonville. My fiancé has been getting upwards of 20 down from the same test server while sitting right next to me.

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'm also getting wildly varying speed test results here in Orlando/Lake Mary. Ping is anywhere between 40 and 200 ms, which is odd. Download speed is right under 20, and upload was 17 last night, and 1-2 today. Very odd.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Other Orlando LTE Verizon users, are you having any problems with your phones establishing the LTE connection when you wake it out of standby? I am finding that while speeds are blazing fast, ONCE CONNECTED, my phone is taking forever to make the connection. It averages about 15 seconds to establish a connection when I bring my phone out of standby to do anything. See this post in the APple Support Communities, I'm not the only one with this problem and it seems Orlando isnt the only area, so I'm wondering if any others here are experiencing it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4332928?tstart=0

Ryhian

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Orlando, FL
Other Orlando LTE Verizon users, are you having any problems with your phones establishing the LTE connection when you wake it out of standby? I am finding that while speeds are blazing fast, ONCE CONNECTED, my phone is taking forever to make the connection. It averages about 15 seconds to establish a connection when I bring my phone out of standby to do anything. See this post in the APple Support Communities, I'm not the only one with this problem and it seems Orlando isnt the only area, so I'm wondering if any others here are experiencing it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4332928?tstart=0

Oh that stinks. Hopefully they fix that issue. Haven't had any LTE connecting issues thus far with AT&T.

ucfbeta92

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
Here's the results

I'm also in Orlando by the International airport / Hunters Creek area and I switched from Sprint (so anything would be an improvement), but I have to say I'm a tad disappointed. I average 2 to 3 bars in signal strength and my speedtest usually gives me 5-7 Mbps down and 2-3 Mbps up on LTE.

The screenshot I took just now gave me 6.07 Mbps down and 4.75 Mbps up on LTE.

I was expecting Verizon to be much faster than AT&T in Orlando, and from what I've been reading online and saw on YouTube, I'm left wondering if I made a bad choice by switching to Verizon. I even moved my wife off AT&T so we'd have a shared everything plan. I've seen AT&T iphone 5 speedtests in the 30+ Mbps range. :/

Is there anyone on my side of town who would like to share their experience on signal strength and speed tests? Is my experience par for the course? It does appear to be slower than what you guys are seeing in your part of Orlando.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 71

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Oh boo hoo! At least you have LTE! ;) My area still doesn't. :(

I did get 12mb down from AT&T HSPA+ today though.. thought that was pretty good for 3G ("4G").

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
This is what I'm getting tonight on AT&T, out in Windermere. The signal blows at my house so I'm normally on a microcell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 64
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.