Odd Mail issue.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Chabba, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Chabba macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2011
    Since updating to 10.9, whenever I open Mail, it opens this window first. After clicking continue, it works just fine. All the e-mail is there, nothing odd about that. It's just the initial opening of Mail. I left the program open for a few hours in the background to download all mail, but no change.

If I click Quit, the window will disappear, but Mail is still running (without displaying any e-mail). I am then unable to open anything within Mail. After a Force Quit of Mail, I'm able to open it again without issue, except the same Welcome window. Clicking continue opens Mail as normal.

Any ideas? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. madams1000 macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2009
    I had the same problem. I had a five mail accounts, I had three disabled. "enabling" two of them and deleting one that I wasn't going to use any more, then re-starting "Mail" solved that dialog box popping up every time for me. I assumed that even though they were set to disable that "Mail" wasn't happy until it had completed the "download" process for all accounts (enabled or not). Bug or a feature; who knows..
  3. Chabba thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2011
    Tried that. Didn't work.

Installed the Mail update today. Same issue.

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

Feb 16, 2013
    I'd try making a backup of your ~/Library/Mail folder and then delete it and try re-setting up Mail.
  5. Chabba thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2011
    This is win.

Thank you.