Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
I received 2 text messages to my email from my father's iPhone 6 last night. One was a text message, the other a strange pic I posted here at imgur. He said he sent the message but not the pic. Both have the same time stamp. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Last edited:

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
Okay, no way my father was trolling me; he's close to clueless about how things work. The image downloads as "handwriti.jpg" so I suspected it may have something to do with a writing program and it does seem like a template or ghost template of some sort. Either my dad hit something by mistake and/or this was a glitch of some sort.

Appreciate the reply.

balamw

Aug 16, 2005
New England
Okay, no way my father was trolling me; he's close to clueless about how things work. The image downloads as "handwriti.jpg" so I suspected it may have something to do with a writing program and it does seem like a template or ghost template of some sort. Either my dad hit something by mistake and/or this was a glitch of some sort.

Appreciate the reply.
Did you follow the link I provided?

B

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
The pic was sent from an iPhone not received on one.

Last edited:

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I'm seeing my father soon and I think I may speak to Apple when I then to see if they know what's what. I'll post back if I get a definite answer.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The pic was sent from an iPhone not received on one.
Right. He likely activated the handwriting feature (perhaps accidentally) and was trying to get out of it and drew a small line and sent it as he was getting out of that mode.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Isn't the answer simply an accidental text (holding the phone sideways in message mode, then accidentally touching the screen, leaving a random doodle, then sending that drawing). Pretty easy to do that accidentally.
That's it, nothing more.

JayJohnPaul

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2014
Dawnbreak City
It's just the damn handwriting mode in iOS 10, not a ghost or anything like that. Can we move on already? Like, seriously? Why go to all that trouble for some stupid doodle?

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
Right. He likely activated the handwriting feature (perhaps accidentally) and was trying to get out of it and drew a small line and sent it as he was getting out of that mode.

Isn't the answer simply an accidental text (holding the phone sideways in message mode, then accidentally touching the screen, leaving a random doodle, then sending that drawing). Pretty easy to do that accidentally. That's it, nothing more.

Okay. I don't own an iPhone but this makes sense. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.