Odd - post restore after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajones46, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ajones46 macrumors 6502

So I finally decided to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2nd gen using blackra1n. It has the current firmware 3.1.2 if that's necessary? I installed a couple themes, couple games, added the 5 icon dock, added a battery percentage app, nothing major. After a couple days, I thought I could notice a decrease in my battery life and apps definitely didn't open and close as quickly anymore, and I decided to restore it through iTunes. I meant to click on "Set up as new iPod" but accidentally clicked on "Restore as a Backup" and just figured "bah, i'll just let it go, see what happens." Well, now the restore is complete, everything is back to normal, but the battery percentage marker is still there? Was it not a complete restore or did something happen? I've never encountered this and just wondering if anyone has any insight?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That will only go away if you "set up as new phone". Restoring from a backup applies that change again. That happens to everyone. Same thing if you changed the carrier string. It would have been changed back to the custom one too.

3. ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow. Well, I really like this feature though so I think I'm just going to leave it. Why is it that the iPhone is the only one with a battery percentage, ya know? But as far as the whole Jailbreak and everything else, that's been wiped?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That is the only thing left over. So if you ever take your iPod in to get looked at make sure to restore so that it doesn't happen. The only device with a battery percentage is the 3G S the regular 3G doesn't even get it.