Odd printing glitch when trying to print PDF exported from InDesign. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by torndownunit, Aug 24, 2010.

1. torndownunit macrumors regular

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on in the attached image below?

This is how a PDF file exported from InDesign is printing. It is not displaying like this at all on the screen. The frame around the photo is an EPS file layered on top of the photo. It views fine, and prints fine except for 2 photos.

All the photos print fine, except for 2 of them which have these odd triangles on them. The image is a scan of the printed file. Again, it does not appear when I view the PDF on screen, only when it's printed.

If I remove the border/EPS, it will print fine. But I'd like to use the border, so I'd like to know what the problem is.

Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]

2. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

Here is a view of the full page so you can see how one photo/frame works fine and 2 don't.

[​IMG]

3. lordshaker macrumors newbie

Odd. Is the frame the same object as the one under the Key Lime Pie on the right? What type of printer are you using?

I assume you've played around with the 'print visible objects' settings in the print dialogue box. It looks like some unfinished shape, possibly on a different layer....

4. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

I do these menus and send them to the office of the person who prints them. They have a huge Xerox unit there. I have never had an any print issues like this. And yes, the Key Lime photo it set up the exact same as the others. It's a photo with a frame layered overtop of it.

I will ask her to check the 'print visible objects' settings.

Edit: where are "Print Visible Object" settings in the Acrobat print dialog?