Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi.I'm using iPhoto 6 and there is mt problem:
Once in a while, iPhoto tells me I should rebuild my thumbnail library and I can click on "OK" or "Rebuild now".
I've already clicked on "rebuild now" but the message still keeps appearing...
HELP!

P.S:
Also, when I scroll through my library, and when stop scrolling, the photos become darker and and come back to normal...It happens EVERYTIME I scroll, and it's horible!
Dark to normal everytime!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

:D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Do you keep your library in the default location (iPhoto folder in Pictures)? Alternatively, do you open iPhoto whilst holding down OPTION?

As for the dark thumbnails, I think that's a pretty normal iPhoto behaviour. It's just the app dealing with the thumbnail files. :)

Camille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Yeah but in the iphoto tour on the apple website the photos don't turn dark....

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Camille said:
Yeah but in the iphoto tour on the apple website the photos don't turn dark....

What do you mean "they go dark"? Mine go from low-res when scrolling to high-res. iPhoto does this to ensure that scrolling is fast - you can still see what photos are but if iPhoto had to scroll through, say, the nearly 5000 photos in my library using all high-res thumbnails it would screech to a halt.

The reason you don't see this on Apple's previews is because they're probably fiddled with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.