Odd problem with iPod Touch screen protector

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by w00t951, Feb 21, 2009.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I bought an iPod Touch screen film, the kind that is clear and sticks because it is made of silicone. However, I let my friend use it and he has some really bad dandruff, the kind that makes it look as if you are covered with thick snow. Well, the stuff got all over the screen (he's not using it again) and for some weird reason, the danruff has somehow managed to glue itself to the screen protector film. I tried to rub it off, but it just sticks there. I mean, I can feel it and pick some of if off with a guitar pick, but the pressure needed to do so might damage the screen. I want to keep the screen film that I already have because it is rather expensive to replace and hard to stick on again. Any ideas?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Not sure how to get rid of it besides regular usage. I used a lotion a little while ago that suprisingly had fine glitter in it, and when i handled my iphone with the invisible shield on it afterwards the glitter got almost embedded into the IS material. And I did everything I could think of to get rid of it, but after just ignoring it, and using it normally, it eventually went away.

3. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try cleaning it with a light solvent, like an eyeglass cleaning solution. Use a soft cloth, like the one that Apple includes with the Touch or those that come with eyeglasses, wet it a bit with the cleaning solution, and wipe.

5. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Eeeeew! Try rubbing lightly with a soft damp(water) cloth 1st before using any chemicals