Odd problem with my 5...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant the ninja, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

So I just bought this phone on Monday, did a back up from iCloud from my 4s and every thing was great. Yesterday I did a hard reset because it kept showing no service where I usually always have service and bam, upon reboot the phone seemed to have reset all my settings. I mean my email/fb/twitter anything that requred some sort of login password. I had to re-enter everything and iMessage refused to activate even over wifi. Then when I would open apps it would say to connect to itunes to recieve push notifications. I did a google search on that and the one solution I could find was to do a complete restore so I did, restored again from iCloud and everythings good.

Now I wake up today and I usually have 10-15 emails, well today I woke up with nothing at all. I go into my email app and it asks me for the password and then loads everything up.

My question is what the hells going on? Its not something major but an annoyance none the less. Could it be possible something in my iCloud is corrupt?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

At this point I would stop restoring from your iCloud backup, restore as new, and start over. Unfortunately, it seems there is something conflicting with the new phone and the only way to really get past it would seem to start fresh.

3. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I would recommend doing a "Reset All Settings" and re-entering all your passwords as they are requested one more time before starting over fresh and new.

You won't lose texts, pics or apps this way.

4. ant the ninja thread starter macrumors regular

ant the ninja

Yeah thats what I figured. Could it be because Ive made the switch from the 4s to the 4 to the 5 within just a few days? (due to switching from AT&T to Verizon. That sucks, I'd really hate to restart everything yet again, should I refrain from using iCloud all together or delete my previous back ups and start again?

Well I also backup to my computer, would I be able to use that to get my pics back if I do start over? I dont care about my texts or apps, those are replaceable but I'd truely hate to lose my pictures.

5. ant the ninja thread starter macrumors regular

ant the ninja

This is new, The phone is incredibly hot at the bottom, Its never gotten this hot even with heavy use. Its been in stand by for 3 hours and usage is around 15 minutes, took it off the charger at 8am, its now 11:15 and the battery is at 80 percent. Nothing is left open, the only thing is I have very bad service at work and Next to verizon is the little circle, could it be constantly trying to find a signal causing my battery to drain rapidly and the phone to get hot?