Odd 'problem' with my 80GB 5G iPod...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by thegrandmaster, Apr 11, 2007.

1. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

I put a huge iMovie file on my iPod in the finder to transport it between computers, this I did with success.

But, after I deleted the file from the Finder window both iTunes and 'Get Info' still seem to think that this file is there.

For example in the bar at the bottom of iTunes I have 11.30GB of Music, 2.53GB of Video, 831MB of Pictures and 14.50GB of 'Other' but in the finder there is nothing except the standard folders like calenders and contacts and pictures and stuff.

Anyone else have this problem and solve it without restoring?

The 'About' Screen on the iPod also claims to have only 45.55GB free as well, so I'm stumped, anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Trying resetting your iPod by holding Menu and the center button until the Apple logo comes up then re-sync it in iTunes. Could have just corrupted somehow.

3. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

As you know we gotta start with the obvious stuff first. Did you empty the trash? :p

4. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yeah, rule of thumb. Always take out the Apple trash! :cool: :)

5. Jonst macrumors newbie

Hi,

I don't have the exact same problem as your and my Ipod is only 60GB but I found a really good free tech support site that helped me deal with my troubleshooting problems.

Here is the page for Ipod Support

I hope it helps

Jon

6. reubs macrumors 68000

A third vote for "empty the trash". A full trash can usually stinks stuff up, but unfortunately I don't think there is a way to delete only one item...