Odd problem with photo albums?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by crystalmyth, Mar 22, 2011.

1. crystalmyth macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is yet another problem with the new software, but my "Camera Roll" album is stuck and unable to scroll down to where I can select it. I don't even know how to describe it, and I tried taking a screen shot of it, but alas...I can't even get to the album so I can e-mail it to myself (don't have the cord at the moment to upload through iPhoto).

Also - don't get me started on creating photo albums in iPhoto. I guess there's a learning curve when it comes to n00b Mac users.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The "Camera Roll" is not an album.
    Your camera roll has likely become corrupted. Restore As New, and set up as a new phone.
    As you have just found out, it is not a good idea to store photos in the camera roll, because it can and will eventually become corrupted, and you can lose your photos.

In the future, download the photos from your camera roll to your computer, using your iPhoto , arrange them in folders/albums, and sync them back to the "Photo Library" on your phone using iTunes.

If you need help with iPhoto, just ask...