Odd question for new (and old) MBP owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by i0Nic, Oct 22, 2008.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I have an odd question in my journey of deciding which of the new macbooks I want to buy.

I like to sit on the couch when using my current white macbook, and I usually do so by crossing my leg and resting my macbook on my lap. I noticed today that the MBP might be too big to do this comfortably, that maybe I'd have to put my leg down to use it. I'm 5"10'.

Any MBP owners sit like this? What are your thoughts.

cheers.

2. jhamerphoto macrumors regular

Well I guess it would depend how you plan to place it in your lap. Different angles could work or not work, but if all else fails, just put a pillow on your lap and put your notebook on that.

To me, the "cross-legged" test isn't incredibly high on the must-have priorities for a notebook. :p

3. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha well I would have the laptop tucked into the little gap that forms in your lap between your body and the crossed over leg. It should work because the macbook and macbook pro aren't too different in width size which is what would matter most. Still would like to get some more comments!

4. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess the cross-legged test is not such a big deal to anyone then lol.

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

The MBP is a little big for using cross-legged. Comes out to be a little too close for me, and I'm a few inches taller than you.