Odd question please help

brokinbyrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello I've been looking over posts but none answer my question. I have a mini networked with a windows machine and a Linux/windows box. The Dual box has an Epson R300 attached to it in windows XP now. I tried printing a word doc from my mini to the printer and it just started printing out what apears to be a source code or a printer source code or something odd like that. So far it's on page 14. Anybody experience this besides me? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Jared

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Sounds like your printer is spitting out PostScript code, which is what PostScript printers interpret to put images on a page. It may start something like:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0

What this probably means is that your Mac thinks it's sending to a PostScript printer. Make sure you have the correct driver installed and try again.

Edit: It may also be printing out HP PCL code, but in either case make sure you're using the appropriate Epson driver on your Mac.

Comment

brokinbyrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
Whoops

Well i didn't scroll down that far to see this topic.
It's funny in that when the dual box is in Linux it prints straight away. In windows it spits out garbage. Way to go Bill Gates.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.