Odd question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bluush, May 2, 2007.

1. bluush macrumors 6502

So I'm new to this whole Apple thing, but I love it and love my Macbook more than I thought I would (I now see why everyone who owns a Mac speaks so highly of them), but one thing I'm not too sure about.

The remote that came with my Macbook.. what is it for exactly? I have an Altec Lansing ipod stereo thingie.. so technically, I could connect a wire from the headphone jack on my Macbook to the audio-in on the Altec Lansing, then use my Macbook as a stereo, flipping through gig upon gigs of music with the remote. Is that what the remote is for? What other uses does it serve? What do you use it for?

Thanks

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

It for front row. Point the remote at your macbook, press the menu, and poof, your whole OS goes away to the magical world of front row. Basically you can play your itunes music, watch your movies, dvds, and photo slideshows. If you use Keynote (like Powerpoint) you can control your slides as well.
    http://www.apple.com/macbook/frontrow.html

3. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

There are also programs out there (Remote Buddy comes to mind) that allow you to do incredible amounts of things with your apple remote. I have never used them, but a lot of people find them useful.