Odd request: Headphones that DONT block outside sound?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmwebs, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rmwebs macrumors 68040

This probably sounds like a silly request, and it may well be. Here's the deal though:

I'm after a new set of headphones to replace a dying set of Bose In-Ear Headphones. The difference is, that I only use them at home and its a pain in the backside if the door or phone go as I cant hear them. So I'm after some headphones that let in outside sound. Be it through a hole or a mic or whatever.

I've tried using a cheap and cheerful set, thinking they wouldn't have any special noise cancelling or insulation however they still block too much out.

I'm not sure what I'm after even exists, I know its a longshot but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Cheers

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Grado SR80i is a good choice. It isn't very expensive, set offers high quality sound and is open air.

Technically any open air dynamic headphone should work.

3. danny_w macrumors 601

4. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Cheers guys, I'll take a look at both :)

(Sidenote: not sure who downvoted my post...bit silly :rolleyes:)

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I came here to recommend the grad SR80's as well. Served me well now for over 3 or 4 years. Great value for under $100

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

To be fair, it's a silly question. Try using Google first next time.

8. theprophe macrumors newbie

Thats a pretty stupid reply, why post anything here then? Just go to google .
    But to the op, like mentioned before, dynamic open air headphones, and the plus side is, the bass wth these types of headphones is great