odd response when clicking Open Date & Time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by willtheiii, Oct 1, 2007.

1. willtheiii macrumors newbie

whenever I click on the time displayed in the finder, click Open Date & Time, it does nothing.. i have to do that about 3 or 4 times before it finally sits there with the spinning wheel and then opens it up. ??? a small annoyance, but one that i don't think should be happening. you know how it is, you just want the little things to work.... any idea what this is?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Open your Applications folder, then open the Utilities folder inside that. Open Disk Utility and click on the name of your Mac drive in the list on the left, click Verify Permissions. Wait for it to complete. If there are "wrong permissions", click Repair.

When the permissions are all fine, restart and see if it's fixed. Don't take the first try as the result though, quit System Preferences and open it again to see if there's a different result.

3. willtheiii thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that...twice. No different. Click Open Date & Time three times before it finally sits and waits, then opens

now i just realized if i just click it once, it will open, but i have to wait a good 10 seconds. should it take that long?!

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

No, what machine do you have ? Specs..?

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Might be a long shot... but maybe you cannot connect to the NTP server (time.apple.com) which causes the delay?

6. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

Ah yes, the 'one-size-fits-all' solution. Unfortunately, one size does not fit all.