Odd Restarts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulold, Feb 17, 2011.

1. paulold macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I restart my AT&T iPhone 4, instead of going from the Apple logo to the unlock screen (after a bit), I noticed that my phone displays a progress bar. And when this happens, it's as if the phone gets set to factory settings for some things. My data is still there but things like my brightness get reset to a dimmer setting (the default I think) and the percentage next to my battery life turns itself off. Plus I would get a message about the home screen icons which reminds me of the first time I ever used an iPhone. So it's acting like it's a brand new phone even though all my data is there. Is this just a bug or is something wrong with my phone? It doesn't happen everytime I restart, but it's happened enough times now that I've finally made the connection. What do I do?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you doing a 1.Normal Restart (slide to power off, then pressing the power button to turn it back on) or a 2.Force Reboot (holding the power button + home button to force the phone to reset)?

If its #1 then No that is not normal, but if its #2 then Yes, that is normal and not a bug.

3. paulold thread starter macrumors 6502

I am doing a Force Reboot when this happens. If it's better to turn restart the phone by the Normal Restart method, I'll do that from now on. But I don't recall having this issue before I got an iPhone 4. I almost always used to do a Force Reboot whenever I wanted to restart my iPhone. I guess that's not a healthy thing to do. Thanks!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Do you force reboot your computer every time you restart it? no, you shut it down normally and let it do its thing.