Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wingate.white

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
okay so I have no benchmarks of a "normal" working state but its the 2.6 16 512 setup. In my last class I was taking notes on the lecture using TaskPaper (app store) and I noticed my computer getting uncomfortably hot in my lap so I installed iStat Pro. The enclosure readings were all at 95, the gpu was at 160, and I didnt have time to get the rest because of taking notes but they were all well over 100 (all in F). I went back to my finder window for something and my finder froze, tried to relaunch while my computer is still burning up and tried to relaunch 5 times, with no luck. After shutting down the computer and starting it later on, function appears to be back to normal. Can anybody give me some idea what happened and how to fix/prevent it?

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
Not without more information. Probably a stuck process in the background. But you'll need to open an Activity Monitor window during the event to tell. Then list from CPU top - down. You can also check the Console logs. /Utilities/Console.app. Look around the time it took place in the "All Messages" area for simplicity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.