Odd Safari bug when printing to PDF

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by chriscl, Oct 12, 2013.

1. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

I found what I think is an odd bug in Safari; bring up a web page, then go and print it in the usual way - this brings up the "Print" dialogue box, click on the "PDF" drop-down, and "Save as PDF", which brings up the usual PDF dialogue box.

Now select a folder, then click the "New Folder" button, to create a new sub-folder.

Normally, this form would be modal and on top of everything else.

But it's nowhere to be seen - and attempting to click on anything else just gives the usual "bong" tone, as in, "you've clicked on a non-active area of the screen, you idiot" but the "New Folder" box is nowhere to be seen, and you can't 'tab' to it using Cmd-Tab either - it's like the form is active somewhere, but not selectable?

Can anyone else replicate this? It seems to happen any time I go to print to PDF and then try and create a new folder? (Printing to PDF and selecting an existing folder works fine, as expected).

This is OS X 10.9, and Safari 7.0 - the "Gold Master".

Someone tell me I've not gone mad...?

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

3. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

You've probably not gone mad, but it's not doing that for me either. The New Folder modal box pops up right in front of the already-present Save dialog box.